Rogue Squadron Board

Welcome to the Rogue Squadron Community.
It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Passing of Boba Fett
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:21 am 

From the Boba Fett Fan Club:

Quote:
Jason Wingreen was the original voice of #BobaFett. We just learned he passed away on December 25, 2015 at the age of 95. This is our tribute to him.

Anyone who saw “The Empire Strikes Back” in theaters or on VHS/laserdisc between 1980 and 2003 would have heard his lines. After 2004, DVD and Blu-ray releases were re-dubbed to conform to the prequels and used Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett.

Jason was born October 9, 1920. He was interviewed for Star Wars Insider #49 (May/June 2000) in which he shared this story of the role:

“My agent called me and said to go over to the recording studio, where I met Gary Kurtz and Irvin Kershner. Normally, you see the face of an actor you’re dubbing, so you have to lip-synch. But that was no problem here — I could say the lines at any time. I got in position, they ran the film a few times, and I said the lines. Kershner came out and made a suggestion or two and went back in the control room, I did it again, and I was finished.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4UYzn0 ... e=youtu.be

Post subject: Re: Passing of Boba Fett
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:03 pm 

Wingreen also played the Bartender/Owner of the little place where Archie Bunker often tipped a few back on the old show All In The Family. This gave him and honorary position on my list of all time cool bartenders with Wuher, Guinan, and Issac from the Love Boat.