Rogue Squadron Board

Welcome to the Rogue Squadron Community.
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

(I'll update this after each new plot posting)

Hour 4

Group one, lost, confused and frakked
Face
Dru
Az
Theran

Group two, lost, not confused and less frakked
Red
Drake
Elassar's leg

Group three, about to run into group one
Tyria
Piggy
Kai
Deven
Corran (Just arrived!)

Group four, back at our med bay but better catch up with the rest of us soon
Shadow
Void (injured)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:23 am 

This is a GREAT idea - I've been thinking about writing, but not knowing where exactly everyone was was difficult...and the idea of going through all the back-stories to figure it out was quite daunting!

Thanks for doing this!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:35 am 
Site Admin

No prob. I was getting confused, too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm, I think someone's hinting. Yes, I'll update this once I get caught up with all the new stories.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:04 pm 

Already updated C-Man!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:43 am 
Site Admin

Awesome, thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:20 pm 

Ooops... forgot Shadow. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:08 pm 

The Face wrote:
Ooops... forgot Shadow. :)

And Ailie, no?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:22 pm 

I thought we were scrapping Ailie from this plot?

The only reason Void is still here, is that he keeps promising he'll plot at some point!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:04 pm 

The Face wrote:
I thought we were scrapping Ailie from this plot?

The only reason Void is still here, is that he keeps promising he'll plot at some point!

*shrug*

I don't know; I wasn't aware that you were scrapping her. Whatever you want. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:11 pm 

Been meaning to find out, which character is the defacto Jack Bauer?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:38 pm 

Surely it must be Face? And I'm sure he'd be insulted if you thought otherwise! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

Does that mean we can torture him?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:15 pm 

Besides Deven who I know is lurking around somewhere, is there anyone else who is on the station that hasn't done anything yet?

I may have an idea brewing a bit.

Edit: Yes, I'm back. :lol:

Never trust a man who, when left alone with a tea cozy, does not try it on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:00 pm 

General Corran Horn wrote:
Does that mean we can torture him?

Have you even READ Ran's most recent plot?!

And Deven, sorry, yes, you should be on the list! Welcome back!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:47 am 
Site Admin

Yes, but to be Jack Bauer, Face needs to be tortured at least six times a Plot/episode and half of us have to reveal ourselves to be double agents as we betray him to the enemy, right while he's working on saving Coruscant from yet another Imperial attack, this one involving rabid Ewoks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:49 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:12 am 

All on his own, 'cos no-one loves him
Corran

Awwwww...poor GH. :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:52 am 

Red
Drake
Elassar's leg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:35 am 
Site Admin

I put Shadow and Void (Group four) back at our med bay since there's been not mention of Shadow being with group three and Void's hasn't been in fighting condition. Someone will need to fetch them before we leave. Perhaps a dramatic, last-second rendezvous or EV leap just ahead of a fireball?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:54 am 

Now that I think about it, Ailie was also mentioned at some point near the beginning of the plotting, probably about the same time as Shadow was. Should she be there, too? Or since they haven't actually written at all, would it be possible to write them out of the thread?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:43 am 

Ailie was in the original list, and was mentioned in the intro, and maybe a bit in 16a, but not extensively since. I think Face mentioned retconning her out at some point, but I don't know that anything's ever come of it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

Would make sense to edited them both out. Shadow's only mentioned once, in one of my stories, so I can take that out. Unless Shadow does want her character included.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:22 pm 

I don't think she's ever actually written in Plot 16 at all, and I don't think she's commented either, as far as responses to stories, so she probably doesn't care. And I'm pretty sure Ailie doesn't care either, hehe.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:53 pm 

She hasn't make a post since Tue Jul 17, 2007

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:34 pm 

I wanted to look at this from another perspective. What threads need resolving, and what needs to happen to resolve them?

Group one, lost, confused and frakked
Group three, about to run into group one
Group four, back at our med bay but better catch up with the rest of us soon

It seems to me like GH set up 1 and 3 to meet and converge into a bigger better badder 1. That should probably happen. Group 2 needs to find their own way back, but first might have a plan for restoring comms. Group 4 is mainly inactive; do they need more than a magical hand-waving after enough time has passed to get them back in the main group? If so, who's going to write it? Finally, we need the Nest to lift off to let their friend the ISD give the station a nice hearty shove with its tractor, further accelerating our time table. Then we need an Epic Fightscene, followed by a quick save by the Arrow, potentially. Fin?

I know at some point we're meant to find Gav's new girl, but it seems (to me) like the accelerated 16 is probably the wrong time for that. Perhaps early in 17? I'd guess we mainly need Gav's input as to whether he wants to get her in before we get off the station.

Am I missing anything?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:55 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, I did intend for Group 1 and 3 to be met up by now.

If we're nixing Ailie and Shadow, then Group 4 is only an injured Void back at our makeshift med bay. Perhaps we could pick up him on the way to the Sacul.

The Nest can left off at any time. We don't need to be present for it, as far as I know. However, the ISD giving the station a sudden boost would be a good tipping point that gets us from "Hmm, we should get off this station soon" to "TIME TO GO!" The rest of the plot from that point could be fast-paced.

Would the Epic Firefight be around the Sacul? Perhaps now that COMPNOR has left some of its troops behind, they're frantically searching for an escape ship and found the Sacul right before we get there. Or maybe they're suicide troops, and are voluntarily staying behind to have the pleasure of killing us before the station crashes. In the former case, the troops would be either run-in-the-mill or expendable as far as their abilities go. In the latter case, the troops are highly-skilled and not afraid to die.

A third option would be that the troops are elite and have already found the Sacul. Now they're just waiting behind in the hangar so they can have the pleasure of killing us off before adding insult to injury and stealing our ship to escape. Cue massive epic hangar bay firefight of awesomeness with a background of flames lighting up the hangar bay opening as the station plunges into the lower atmosphere.

And, Dru, although it would be awesome and unexpected for us to be rescued by the Rogue's Arrow's ghostship, we probably should be rescued by the Valour instead. This would be the first appearance of the Valour in the RS Plot, correct?

And, Dru, a technical question. What would keep the non-aerodynamically-shaped station not at the correct angle of trajectory from burning up in the lower atmosphere long before it hits the ground? Shields?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:04 pm 

I'm out of time, so this is a quickie.

Yes, I did intend for Group 1 and 3 to be met up by now.

If we're nixing Ailie and Shadow, then Group 4 is only an injured Void back at our makeshift med bay. Perhaps we could pick up him on the way to the Sacul.

If Shadow's gone, Void would never have been left, and we should retcon him into Group 1. Would it be cleaner to leave Shadow here as a secondary and just do some handwaving to have them meet Group 1+3 (or 2) later?

The Nest can left off at any time. We don't need to be present for it, as far as I know. However, the ISD giving the station a sudden boost would be a good tipping point that gets us from "Hmm, we should get off this station soon" to "TIME TO GO!" The rest of the plot from that point could be fast-paced.

I agree. My suggestion was that tipping point should be soon or immediate. ;)

Would the Epic Firefight be around the Sacul? Perhaps now that COMPNOR has left some of its troops behind, they're frantically searching for an escape ship and found the Sacul right before we get there. Or maybe they're suicide troops, and are voluntarily staying behind to have the pleasure of killing us before the station crashes. In the former case, the troops would be either run-in-the-mill or expendable as far as their abilities go. In the latter case, the troops are highly-skilled and not afraid to die.

A third option would be that the troops are elite and have already found the Sacul. Now they're just waiting behind in the hangar so they can have the pleasure of killing us off before adding insult to injury and stealing our ship to escape. Cue massive epic hangar bay firefight of awesomeness with a background of flames lighting up the hangar bay opening as the station plunges into the lower atmosphere.

That's something we touched on some in the brainstorming thread last week, and something that bears a bit more planning.

And, Dru, although it would be awesome and unexpected for us to be rescued by the Rogue's Arrow's ghostship, we probably should be rescued by the Valour instead. This would be the first appearance of the Valour in the RS Plot, correct?

Thbpthbpt.

I mean, yes.

And, Dru, a technical question. What would keep the non-aerodynamically-shaped station not at the correct angle of trajectory from burning up in the lower atmosphere long before it hits the ground? Shields?

Well, shields could absorb that energy without skipping a beat. But, the intent (I thought) was for it to be burned up in the upper troposphere, and use wind currents to disseminate the virus around the world. Dropping the virus in a crater and leaving it there wouldn't exactly unleash a pandemic.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:13 pm 
Site Admin

Dru Kargin wrote:
If Shadow's gone, Void would never have been left, and we should retcon him into Group 1. Would it be cleaner to leave Shadow here as a secondary and just do some handwaving to have them meet Group 1+3 (or 2) later?

Might be good to keep her on the station for that reason, so she can have been with Void this whole time and help him so they can meet up with us. Now that most of the troops are taking off in the Nest, Shadow wouldn't meet much resistance if she was careful. And all the doors have been blown open for here.

Dru Kargin wrote:
Well, shields could absorb that energy without skipping a beat. But, the intent (I thought) was for it to be burned up in the upper troposphere, and use wind currents to disseminate the virus around the world. Dropping the virus in a crater and leaving it there wouldn't exactly unleash a pandemic.

Yes, me too, but I kept hearing the word "crash." Having the ship coming apart in the atmosphere will also add an element of drama to the Epic Firefight. Like the epic samurai sword battle in the trailer home while it's coming apart as it's being sucked up into a tornado in No One Lives Forever 2.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:46 pm 

You could just have Shadow on leave at the start of 16. Given the ordeals with Gavin, it would be reasonable that she would be away for all of 16 and possibly part of 17 (unless Face pulls an emergency recall).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:59 pm 

Bowman Gavin wrote:
You could just have Shadow on leave at the start of 16. Given the ordeals with Gavin, it would be reasonable that she would be away for all of 16 and possibly part of 17 (unless Face pulls an emergency recall).

Well, from what else I'm seeing here, it seems Shadow needs to be in the thread, to have stayed with Void, if he was left behind. So we either write her out and have Void with one of the other groups, or we leave her in so that she's stayed with Void.

If we do write her out, no big deal; there doesn't necessarily have to be a leave of absence for her, per se, since not all of the Rogues and Wraiths are present in this story - she could just be with the rest of "the gang" that's not present.

Probably it's best to leave her in though, with Void, since it would be quite cumbersome for Void to be with any of the rest, and it doesn't seem logical that they'd decide to cart him along.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:14 pm 
Site Admin

Agreed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:42 am 

I think keep Shadow with Void. She's enough of a medic that she can get away with monitoring our fuzzy friend.

As for having the Valour hype in, I'm not too keen on that. There's really no need for it. On a good day, with a lot of luck, the Sacul can take on an ISD and possibly win (although very sneaky, underhanded tactics are needed). On a bad day, like today, she just just out run in. Also, don't forget the NightShroud is probably fitted by now, so we've always got that up ur sleeve. Bringing the Valour in now is a little to Duex Ex Machina for me!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:08 am 

The Face wrote:
As for having the Valour hype in, I'm not too keen on that. There's really no need for it. On a good day, with a lot of luck, the Sacul can take on an ISD and possibly win (although very sneaky, underhanded tactics are needed). On a bad day, like today, she just just out run in. Also, don't forget the NightShroud is probably fitted by now, so we've always got that up ur sleeve. Bringing the Valour in now is a little to Duex Ex Machina for me!

I think I agree. It made sense when we were going to rewire half the galaxy between the start and finish at 16, but now that we're not going quite so far, it's unnecessary. Cut and run in the Sacul is a fine plan. ;)

So... are we ready for a googledoc, to be filled by collaborative writing sessions and solo-writing alike? Or does anything else have something they want to get out first that they think merits pause?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:27 am 

WAIT!

We should reveal Derec as a woman! It's genius!

Does that merit pause?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:56 am 

Hales - check the googledoc when you get a chance. While my lab due today is taking most of my time, I've got our little tie up going. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:53 am 

Dru Kargin wrote:
So... are we ready for a googledoc, to be filled by collaborative writing sessions and solo-writing alike?

Probably a good time for a googledoc, yes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

Epic Firefight GoogleDoc has been created. I think I got everyone's gmails, but let me know if I missed you.

Looks like Red and Hales have one more story in the works that goes before the Epic Firefight.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:43 pm 

Indeed *flails for Halley to go check the doc! again!* :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:50 pm 

Already editing, silly!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:51 pm 

:P Google is slow to tell me these things, but huzzah! :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:53 am 

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:51 pm 

Almost!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:23 am 

Stay on target....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:34 am 

Loosen up!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:32 am 

"Pull out Wedge, you can't do anymore good back there!"

Y'know, with the whole Wedge/Tyr relationship, that quote has a whole new meaning!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:10 am 

The Face wrote:
"Pull out Wedge, you can't do anymore good back there!"

Y'know, with the whole Wedge/Tyr relationship, that quote has a whole new meaning!

*dies from a choking fit*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:09 pm 

*strokes chin* did he -ever- do any good back there?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:05 am 

In a surprisingly on-topic vein, I've posted some thoughts on getting this wrapped up in the google doc. Go forth and analyse, then come up with a brilliant story idea and start writing. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:02 pm 

The docking ring mockup I promised is now in the google doc.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:51 pm 

Face, GH, and I have brainstormed, and the results are in the googledoc. Go forth and write!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

And it's begun!

Seven and a half more minutes before the station blows up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:31 am 
Site Admin

We need two more volunteers for Team Clamor!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:20 am 

Too late! Face has given out the assignments! It's based on character skill, so if you don't like it, then write your character differently! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:40 pm 

FINISHED!!! go read.