Rogue Squadron Board

Welcome to the Rogue Squadron Community.
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Director's Notes - 17a
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:51 am 

So here's the basic outline for 17a.

17a is primarily for introductions, establishing what's happened in the last six weeks, where the squadrons are at now, individual character flashbacks, and the general setting the stage for the rest of 17.

In terms of a specific sequence of events:
17's been started with the introduction of Brya. I have one more entry to post with Brya making her report. After that, you are free to start plotting.

I believe Face will be plotting the flashback of when Ackbar (or whomever) basically tells everyone to make a run for it because Coruscant's fallen to the Empire.

We'll probably have the Vindicator's computer core at least partially salvageable and be able to glean some info about what happened.

Ultimately, I'd like 17a to end with something along the lines of COMPNOR sending out a general broadcast to all the Republic cells with a very beat-up Elassar reading their message of fear, intimidation, etc propaganda. The end of 17a will most likely set 17b up for a mission to rescue Elassar.

Last edited by Bowman Gavin on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:58 am 
Site Admin

I have a couple questions:

How fragmented is the New Republic? Is the NR military still a fairly solid unit, or are we only taking orders from one of many cells?

How far away is the Valour right now? Will the Sacul be reporting back to it shortly?

I assume that since Rogues and Wraiths are working more together now that there could be some Rogues on the Sacul right now if any Rogues want to write about what's going on in the scene right now and with salvaging the Vindicator's computer core. Is this assumption correct?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:05 am 

I believe that Face described the fragmentation as "individual cells", each to their own. So each cell's leader would be on par with each other as Central Command has fallen and contact has been lost. So Wraith/Rogue is their own unit, another cell would be it's own unit... and should two or more cells meet up, they'd have to work out if they're working together as peers or if on cell has temporary command over the others.

The Valour and the Sacul are traveling "together". The Valour is acting as the base of ops, and the Sacul is at this moment "running errands". As soon as Brya's team are back on board, the Sacul can jump back to the Valour.

Face will have to answer who's where regarding ship assignments.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:07 am 
Site Admin

So we really are on our own, not having to answer to anyone higher than Wedge?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:24 am 

Basically, yes. As far as we're aware, we're the only New Rebellion cell in the area. Our current situation is that Wedge is the big supremo in charge of everything, with no-one above him. He could quite easily claim Admiralship, but he's too much of a fighterjock! This is why all the ranks have been 'restructured'. There doesn't need to be 3 Generals after all, so everyone has a rank not according to their skills or past acheivements, but their current role in the taskforce.

As (and when) we find other cells, we can make the call as to what happens. Either they join our little taskgroup, or they fight their own battle, with co-ordination. Eventually, a High Command will be established, but this is boring, so we won't bother writing about it! So, at the moment, Wedge is it!

As for what's happening at this precise moment in time, the Valour is acting as our only base of ops! So, the Sacul is acting as a mini character. Any Rogues, High Flight, Wraiths or Black Force who want to be involved will be acting as recon pilots. The Sacul can fit 4 X-Wings, so if there are more pilots that dockings, we'll simply have the X's slaved to the Sacul, so they're flying in formation, and the pilots can come in via the airlock.

If (for example) Corran wants to be on the Sacul, he can be. As he could have finished his patrol and liaising with Face before the next leg.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:28 am 

The call from Ackbar will be very "book it, they're coming for you" so there wasn't much time for anything other then for ships to pick a safe direction and blast out of whatever system they were in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:30 pm 

*Posts part 2*

Alright, have at it. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:31 am 
Site Admin

Got my facts right so far?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:56 am 

looks good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm, so with this new director's system, am I correct in assuming that if we really have the itch to write but don't know what to write, we can bug the director for ideas and the director would be uniquely qualified to give the writer ideas for stories that would help further the story arc?

<phone rings at 4:30 a.m.> "Gav, I have insomnia, and I really need to Plot! But I don't know what to write! Help!"

I think there are many times when we want to write but don't write because we don't have any ideas that fit into the current story.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:01 pm 

Sure. If you REEEEALLY want the ability to call me at 4:30 AM, I can provide people with my phone number.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:41 pm 

New element: The Hutts are immune to the plague.

Enjoy. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:10 pm 

Location: The Land of Rising with the Sun, I mean Land of the Rising Sun
So I have a couple questions the first being, other than dying what are the symptoms of the plague?

The second issue is I want to plot (especially since I'm bored out of my mind at work right now) but I don't really know where to begin (largely because I don't have a character at this point).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:01 pm 

A rash.... on the back of the neck? (I only skimmed early 16)

Do you have a character in mind?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:28 am 

The rash is just an early warning indicator. As for symptoms... let your imagination run riot!

As for plotting, there are plenty of other characters out there for you to play with until you create your own! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:16 pm 

As far as I know, this is the only description of the plague's symptoms (from 16b):

Tyria wrote:
“Yes,” Tyria nodded, “The problem is, this is a very advanced strain. Bacta…isn’t working. We ran tests, Face. It doesn’t respond. It will produce symptoms that are kind of a cross between the symptoms that are caused by the flu and pneumonia, and then it will start interfering with higher brain functions. Eventually, the entire nervous system will just crash down.”

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:14 pm 

Outline for the rest of 17a

* Brya reaches team as they near the outer hull of the Vindicator.
* One person in the team is struck/pinned down by a piece of debris and is forced to be left behind (death by decompression or decapitation. Or their leg run through by a pipe and they're stuck... i dunno, be creative)
* Everyone makes it to their ships as the explosions reach the top of the core.
* Clear the area as the Vindicator's reactors go critical and completely destroy the ship.
* Quickly finish off the picket ships.
* Escape the system before the rest of the Imperials show up.

* (time for optional character flashbacks and/or new character intros. There will be a flashback from Brya.)
* Only recovered 35% of the NRI's data. Discover message intercepted by the NRI of COMPNOR using an abused Elassar to read propaganda as a method of demoralizing worlds.
* 17a wrap up. Set direction for 17b.

End of 17a

Last edited by Bowman Gavin on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

I may write a character flashback from the battle. It depends on how long it takes me to get to it. Have picked up some extra work lately, and summer adventures have begun.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:50 am 

FYI, I've added a bbcode for strikethrough so that we can line-out items on lists like the above, if anyone happens to find that useful. You can find it on the "st" button above your post, or use:

Code:
[st]text[/st]

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:08 pm 

Oh good, I was planning on mentioning that to Horn but forgot.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:14 pm 

<bump>
Updated outline.