Rogue Squadron Board

Welcome to the Rogue Squadron Community.
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:41 pm 

Slightly longer than I intended... but there you go. Hope this set things up nicely. It's a bit wordy I'm afraid, as I realise it's basically just about a meeting! But it's all important, if slightly dry!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:09 pm 

Ooh, Lucius! - very well played.

Also, a wonderful transition that covers the bases - we have our marching orders, now to hash out the details and go!

:)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:59 am 

Woo Lucius!

(I love that he calls Face Garik!)

Also, interesting to know all of the various reorganisationing which has to take place, so nice plot overall!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:51 am 

Good setup, Face! In particular, I liked the line about Face's... "diverse" military record, and the Omwati's interactions in general.

Like Kai, I enjoy Lucius calling Face Garik. ;)

Looks like we've got our work cut out for us!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:58 pm 

Awesome plot there Dru. And not just because of the special guest star!

I think what I really like, is that you're trying to make current Dru fit in with future Dru (from Deven's awesome plot for those that aren't reading it!). Totally believable set up too. Nice stuff with Dru's frustrations at the beginning. It’s nice how they're all genuine annoyances, but magnified by his feelings regarding Lori and Cera.

Nice Dru, Nice!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:45 pm 

Very cool reveal re: Cera and Lori! Also, very well written and a nice little look into the work of a budding intel group - although the witty banter was the true star.

Very well done, Dru.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Very...thorough intro there, Face. Yes, a long read, but it's nice to have things laid out clearly before we jump into our next mission. Still felt like a really long meeting at work, though ;-) The ones I usually manage to avoid.

And, Dru, I'll definitely need to catch up on Deven's plot sometime to get all the references in yours.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:39 pm 

I cannot keep up on what is happening in the current plot, let alone any future versions of the characters... so I respond to Dru's plot with this in mind: it was great! :) (And not just 'cause of all the Kai mentions heh heh heh). I liked how Face tricked Dru into giving away more than was strictly necessary, and then was all "hah! Paperwork!"

...Also, I have noticed another definite difference between American English and Proper English (hee!) - the use of 'tidbit' vs. 'titbit'... The latter clearly has all the advantages of the meaning of the former, and also will make any Englishman worth his salt grin childishly if emphasis is placed on the first syllable.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:35 am 

Ooooh! Tension! Drama! Angst!

We likes! Good to see how the lower ranks are affected by the decisions made by those in power. It's a great source for drama, and not often done. You captured it well. Nicely done!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:18 am 
Site Admin

Good bit of writing, Gav. I can see the logic in dissolving their squadron, but I can also see how it's like breaking up a family, especially one that's lost so many members. You brought that out really well. Reminded me a bit of the dissolution of Stealth Squadron after the fall of the Arvin back in Plot 2 (enter Shira Brie and Elassar Targon).

<reads a bit of that old plot>

Wow, we had some awesome space combat writers back then (namely Ran and Elassar).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:48 pm 

I'm with Face. A good read, and nice to see things from a perspective a ways down the totem pole from our usual plots.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:29 pm 

Nice to see how the higher level decisions are affecting people along the chain - and a good insight, Gav!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:06 am 

Yeah I really enjoyed that post, too, thanks Gav!

Also, everybody loves Hutts? (I read the last bit in a 'snakes, why did it have to be snakes?' kind of way, ha ha!)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:48 pm 

Ah, what the hell Face? I only just caught up with Gav's plot!

*reads*

Good little plot though! I particularly liked the "standard recovery protocols"!!

Also: " “How come you and Face are allowed business interests, but I’m not?” " - true that, Kai!!! *giggles at the answer*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:04 pm 

Quick, but effective at covering the points, Face - and very well written!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:28 am 

What she said. :)

Hmm... well, either I can write the next part and decide who goes where, or if either Dru or RedMish have an idea how they want to start their sub-adventures, i guess they could start... or tell me what they had in mind.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

Not that wee of a plot, Face, and it's a good one! Is this the first we've seen of the Shadow Enforcer in a very long time? I enjoyed the humorous banter between Dru and Kai. Both of these missions will be interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:36 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:16 am 

That plot was a magnificent tour de force. I especially liked the bits I didn't write. Go Red and Face!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:51 am 

And as always, incredibly fun to write with Mish and Face!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

Very amusing plot, Red, Mish, and Face. I especially liked the intro sentence. I think Dru's already regretting being in charge of this lot (aka Kai) ;-) And, of course, since there's a bar, there's a bar fight. Two more bars/fights to go.

I'm still getting back into things after a busy summer in the outdoors (with my fingers spending an unnaturally large amount of time detached from my keyboard), but I expect to be back writing soon. Got plenty of ideas I've been itching to write.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:45 pm 

Oh this should be interesting... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:28 pm 

I agree, veeeeeeerrrrry interesting! Face you have me on tenterhooks! I am intrigued.

And, am I wrong or does the latter part of the plot have a kind of Face/Murdock feel to it? I have not seen the A-Team for ages (or the film at all) so I could just be reading into it! Either that or it is a bit M*A*S*H! LOL.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:15 am 

You'd be rather correct in your correlation there Mish... some things have to be done! ;)

As for Gav's plot... it's a good plot, and very good you didn't have to freeze your undercrackers. :)

I especially liked Dru's handling of the situation, very cool and calm, but Kai's comment was perfect comic timng! The characters were perfectly realised! :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:19 am 

Face: Nice introduction of the mystery character - and great use of the Lady Vader storyline. :) I felt the Noghri were very accurately described, and the introduction of Mardex has me waiting for more!

Gav: Us, get shot at? Never.....but seriously, sounds about right for the Hutts rallying, and very well written to boot! :)

Good job, all!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:38 pm 

Great plot there Red!

Really enjoyed all the little titbits of information. I recognised Shug's Space Barn from the second you mentioned the Chute! I can't believe I never thought of it, of course it would be the prefect place for Red to go! Also, how much information flows through Tatooine that Red DOESN'T find out about?! Lovely character interplays, lovely descriptions.. just lovely. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:09 pm 

When you have as large a family as the Terah clan is, you can spread yourself in a good number of places!

Also, glad you recognized the local. :) Thank you for the feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:26 pm 

Good plot Red! I loved that the entire first bit which I thought was the main thrust of the plot was actually just Get A Vehicle, brilliant! And the Terah connection; perfectly played out!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:41 am 
Site Admin

Got all caught up with the last three stories.

Rummy good, Face. I like the witty dialogue in this one. And it's good to see a classic canon planet featured.

Hehe, fun story, Red. Impressive number of wiki links. Sometimes I think I need a little recap paragraph at the tops of stories, though, to refresh me on the storyline so far. Especially when it's been a while since the last post. Or I guess I could just skim the last stories ;-p

Didn't see an option to reorder individual posts, Gav, but your note still made it clear enough. Wow, Sabaoth Destroyers are pretty awesome-looking ships. Hehe, I like Dru's "tactic" for dealing with Trandoshans. Heh, and Brya's "senior project." And I'm always interested in hearing about the big galactic events, like how the Hutts are dealing with the Empire. Galactic struggles interest me for some reason.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

And Red gets the $25 award that we never actually got around to deciding to give to the person who first broke the Plotfast! Nice humor bit there, Red. Rendezvous is not just a big word. It's an awesome word.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:19 am 

Huzzah! Plot! Quite enjoyable there, Red. I thought it showed the frenzy of hurry amid fatigue, and loved her quick reactions to the inanity of the Wraith manner.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:35 pm 

Hurray!

Plot! And Red Plot too! I am inspired, and promise to have a plot up by the end of 2010!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:42 pm 

Yay plot!

Good read :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:42 am 

Wow!

With these RedPlots you are really spoiling us! Fantastic 'weird place' you have created there Red! Descriptions were wonderful, and very vivid. Love the characterisation of Kai to... Just the right amount of flippancy to hide her skills. Nicely done! I shall plot tonight (when I'm meant to be working!) and shall concentrate on the other group, the one on Hoghnor/Madalore!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:41 am 

Thank you - thesis writing makes me more prone to writing in general. Also, a note some of the "weird" inspiration was from the cantina Jekk'Jekk Tarr.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:00 pm 

Why do I foresee Mardex being banned from the engine room of the Sacul?

But a fun plot, lots of back story, and 2 new members - Very nice, Face!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

Ahhhh, I love a good backstory. Rummy good read, Faceman. Excellent dialogue, and Mardex is going to be one interesting character for everyone to write about. I do have to say, though, that (although well-established by past plottage) Face's training resume sounds straight out of a comic book ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:12 pm 

General Corran Horn wrote:
I do have to say, though, that (although well-established by past plottage) Face's training resume sounds straight out of a comic book ;-)

Strange that, isn't it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:04 am 

Yey! Trouble!

Nicely done there Red! Elements of Serenity ("no grenades!") always contribute to a plot. Why do I get the feeling that Rrowv will soon be pointing out how handy it would have been to have had grenades right about now?

A lot of too-ing and fro-ing in this plot, and I can see why. Not quite sure why the Wraiths didn't just call up their colleagues once they were out of the data blackout... it's not as thought every single commcall on NarShaddaa can possibly be monitored... I'm assuming there's a reason that they're not in communication?

Still, it aides the plot, so it's all good! Now, is it someone elses turn? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:41 am 

RE: Comm blackout

I believe it was agreed (and has been established in the writing so far) that due to their high wanted status, Dru's desire to avoid offending Loora the Hutt and general "we don't need no stinking comms" (besides the minimal, one way pager beacon they had) that they were not in use so that they avoided ANY comm interceptions or detection. This was supposed to be a rather cut and dry, quick mission and I bet the argument that minimizing any and all equipment being used to avoid unnecessary loss since supplies are tight came up as well (we need the personal comm devices as backups for the X-wings, etc - wartime engagement backup).

That and maybe we just saw one moment where the group's over confidence led to them overestimating this mission and making a mistake. They've had to operate in comm silence before, surely it won't be so bad this time...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

Ahh, the hassles of communication blackouts. It made me tired just reading all that too-ing and fro-ing. But well-written nonetheless. Plush Hutt toys? Cuddly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:58 pm 

Another Red Plot! Just what the doctor ordered for a night duty! And one with scantily clad Red AND Kai. Awesome images there! :)

Although it was a small one, I liked how it's progressing the story (always good) but I especially liked how you managed to get Kai's irreverantness (is that even a word) in without making her seem like a complete idiot. She IS an elite operative, and I was impressed how you managed to portray that without changing her outward facade. :) Nice Red, nice!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:13 pm 

Location: The Land of Rising with the Sun, I mean Land of the Rising Sun
I am finally caught up on the plot! Since I'm not really doing anything at work (and this site is in English so no one is going to bother me about it) I'll try to hash out a character and how they can fit in to either of the storylines. However, since I'm at work I can't chat/plot with people because of the firewall.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:20 am 

Oh! Once you have an idea, want to put it on the board? Hooray caught up! :)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:03 am 

The most recent plot wrote:
“Good lord she’s naked somewhere...” Sacul sighed.

Is it bad, that the second I read that line, the phrase "Again?!" just popped into my head!

Awesome stuff as per usual guys! I'm a little bit concerned that the top secret, stealthy, camouflaged etc Sacul was found by a Hutt.... but I shall just tell myself it was the fourteenth craft that VP0 had visited that day trying to track them down!

I love the ending, I can just imagine the majestic music swelling! More! More!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

Way to get things moving again, Gav and Red (and Dru)! Witty dialogue, as per usual. Our stories have been so spread out lately, though, that we almost need a quick paragraph or two review at the beginning of our posts.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

Film noir-like descriptions there, Red! Easy to visualize. We'd had so many conversation-based stories lately that it's nice to see one that excels in narrative details.

Great line: "The room that Loora used as his primary audience chamber took up almost an entire level and looked as if a pillow factory and an industrial night club had collided."

And Red throwing a Gamorrean over her shoulder? Ouch. She's going to need a chiropractor.

Nice setup for a follow-up story at the end. That's a good way to end a Plot story--encouraging yourself to resolve it soon or another writer to jump in first.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:53 am 

Thanks GH - I have more written, but didn't want to throw it all on here without giving Dru a chance to write some of his own ideas.

Do remember, Red has practiced throwing Piggy as part of her meditation practices!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

Octavia Terah wrote:
Do remember, Red has practiced throwing Piggy as part of her meditation practices!

And she'll still be crippled when she's 40 ;-)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:40 pm 

Less talk more hutt-strangling!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:06 am 

Yey, yey, yey, yey, yey!!

That is all.

Oh. Apart from "MORE!"

I'll try and get the Mando one up tonight!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

RED-KAI SMACKDOWN!!!

Speaking of smackdowns, the newspaper front page I designed for today made #1 of the Top Ten in the nation: http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/topten.asp

Click on "Idaho Press-Tribune: Nampa, Idaho" or direct link: http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages ... ef_pge=tpt

"Today, we looked for a little color, some razzle-dazzle and the plain unusual (I'm looking at you "Ms. Piggie Idol" in Memphis). Today's winning graphic goes to the Idaho Press-Tribune's rendition of a "Facebook vs. Google" smackdown."

It's not every day you can get "subterfuge" and "smackdown" in a headline.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:46 pm 

Awesome cover, GH! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:18 pm 

Very nice :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:08 am 

Innnnteresting....Gav, very interesting. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:54 am 

I foresee a ground assault in the near future for the imperial garrison... :)

Also, nice to see the Mandalorian line moving and well written! Love Clan Skirata, and I forsee the possibility of a new, female leader? I could be mistaken, though.

Nice, Face, Nice!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:27 pm 

I smell fireworks in the near future :)