Rogue Squadron Board

Welcome to the Rogue Squadron Community.
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:27 am 

I've already emailed my family, and the next place just had to be you fine folks.

As some of you MIGHT be aware, I’ve decided to do something rather stupid. OK, I realise this isn’t exactly something new, but this time it’s for a good cause!

My good friend Calvin (those who came to my wedding might have met - he's also known as Jon) works for the RAF (Royal Air Force), specifically the Benevolent Fund, which provides assistance to family members who need support as a consequence of sickness, disability, accident, infirmity, poverty or other adversity. Basically, they’re a nice bunch of people!

Anyway, it’s the RAF’s 90th Birthday this year, and to celebrate , they’re having 90 people jump out of a plane!! Not sure if it’s at the same time , but it’s still pretty impressive! And (if all goes according to plan) I’ll be one of them!

I have to raise £400 for the charity for the jump which happens on 11th July 2009. So, I thought I’d hit the family up first! I realise that times are a bit tough, so whatever you can manage would be great! Simply go to http://www.justgiving.com/w1face and donate what you can! It works internationally, so you have no excuses!

If you're a Wraith, it might even mean a promotion! ;)

And, as a special prize, the Rogue or Wraith who sponsors the most, gets to decide on a particularly embarrassing thing to happen to Face in the plot!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:35 pm 

If you go splat, can I have your TIE helmet?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

Bowman Gavin wrote:
If you go splat, can I have your TIE helmet?

If he goes splat, the TIE helmet will be pancaked.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:23 pm 

I swear if he jumps out of the plane wearing it... i would demand a photo.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:58 pm 

That's awesome! If I actually had money, I'd be happy to donate, but as it stands, I've none. Well, none that I can send digitally. Somehow I don't think they'd accept me scanning a five dollar bill into the computer and trying to send it to you.

All the same, best of luck. And that's not stupid- that's an exceptionally fun way to pass the time between being a young whipper-snapper and being a venerable old man! :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:06 am 

As a wraith, I can't say no to a request for help to jump out of an airplane. I'll throw a little something your way, but I only have crummy worthless dollars :/

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:49 pm 

Anywhere near your goal? I'll throw down $10 if you jump with the TIE/X-wing helmet ($20 if you can figure out how to wear both, or swap them at terminal velocity).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:37 am 

On behalf of the joint-donation of the Gav/Shadow estate, we claim the prize. :twisted:
We also share in your disappointment in not being able to jump today due to crummy weather. :cry: