Rogue Squadron Board

Welcome to the Rogue Squadron Community.
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

2002 Assorted Insanity
A deeper thought on midichlorians
AOTC bloopers
If Artoo had flight capabilities in the classic trilogy
::Awakes from some serious jetlag::
Dar, Hoth & RtR
From whence did Meat Surprise come?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JANSON!!!
*HappyEwokDance*
I bet Gungans taste like chicken
Jek the Gungan. Kill!
Kitchen raid!
Myn battles the BellSouth dynasty
Post war!
RS choir
RS pilots surveys
::Sneaks into the kitchen::
"the"
The AWOL closet
THE FACE IS BACK!
Time for Randy the Rancor to DIE
Welcome to Echo Base!!!
Who's the greater skum?
Will Myn resist Episode III spoilers?

2002 New Pilots
Casamassina Ngorongoro
Drasen Lee and Deven Tarn
Fenig Durak
Josen Fedd
Vince Trageton

2002 was a more casual era in RS. After the huge surge of activity; the massive, multilevel government rule, a lengthy constitution full of rules, systems, and procedures; and a multi-board setup, we decided to toss 90% of that to the wind, throw our feet up on the table, and just lean back and enjoy a much simpler RS. Amongst the clutter that we cleaned out, we did lose some good things, but overall ended up with a single RS board that was much easier and less time-consuming for me to run and much easier and less time-consuming for everyone else to participate in. RS could now work into everyone's busy schedules, and still remain in existence as a needed bout of insanity in a long, grueling day. This is the model RS follows to this day.

In essence, 2002 was an era where we relaxed, enjoyed simple pleasures, and watched Face do the Happy Ewok Dance.

This was also the joyous era when the RS Plot returned after a year sabbatical! Plot 5 and Plot 6 were the Plots of 2002, and proved to RS that the Plot could never die.

2002 New Pilots are the stories and welcomes given to new pilots aka our initial dose of insanity to see whether they hold up or not. You may not recognize these days, but their first greetings into RS are quite entertaining...and other times quite informative.

Please note that many of these archived topics here are not in there complete form. The unrelated stuff has been cut out.

Enjoy! Reply in this thread.

Last edited by General Corran Horn on Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:15 pm 

I don't have awelcome thread. I just partially hijacked Drasen Lee's instead. I still snigger when i read some of the stuff I posted in that thread.

What ever happened to Drasen and his near incoherant mumblings?. And Josen Fedd?

(Secretly, I still think they were one and the same)

Never trust a man who, when left alone with a tea cozy, does not try it on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

Drasen soon moved on to other things and had Josen take his place. As for what happened to Josen, we practically ran him out of RS on a rail ;-) Hehe, poor guy, but he was askin' for it.

EDIT: I just added your name to Drasen Lee's welcome thread, Deven.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:55 am 

Ah... the HappyEwokDance!

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:14 am 

Yes, a truly horrendus sight if there ever was one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:27 am 

Quote:
The mighty battle hath been fought, the day ended, and the war won. Amidst the ashes of the dead arose a single solitary figure, shrouded in the slick redness of his enemies and friends alike; the blood of the horrid upper management BellSouth employees mingling with the blood of those few brave rebels who dared not stand by while their evil deeds were done. While the world eyes are on the Kingdom of Microsoft and the Aol/TimeWarner Empire, the BellSouth Dynasty made its move, and nobody noticed, but those few aforementioned rebels. They vowed, on that fateful day, when our lone, wounded, exhausted, yet victorious hero, had his Bandwidth of Life stolen from him by the BellSouth Dynasty, that they would make the world see. Oh yes, they will see...not much longer now- soon the people will know, and on that day, we will rejoice, for the wrath of the united rebel confederacy will strike down upon them with furious anger, and they will know, in their last dying breaths, who it was that brought about the end, and they will beg for Myn's mercy. And you know what? They wont get it.

I can't believe I actually wrote that :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:46 am 

Just reading the EpII bloopers and the subsequent discussion about lightsabers and rain.

Josen was VERY argumentive wasn't he?

Edit: By the way. In answer to a question Shira asked me in the 'I bet Gungans taste like chicken' thread.

I know what six week old milk tastes like.

Curse my evil brothers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:22 am 
Site Admin

Hehe, ya, Myn, that was awesome. It was obviously a very emotional time for you.

And, yes, Josen was argumentative. Let's just say that he thought on a different level than the rest of us.